1. Purpose of this notice
This notice tells you how the Data Analytics & Society will collect and process your personal data when you access this website.
2. Automated collection of personal information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the Data Analytics & Society. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much use of the server is made by different categories of users and, in the event of a breach of security, may be used to aid detection.
3. Non-automated collection
Where you are required under this website to provide personal data, the uses of this data will be indicated at the point of collection – for example, when requesting a brochure or registering for an event.
4. Third-party access
Your personal data that you have provided will not routinely be sent to third parties (unless notified – see 3. above).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit.
- Essential: These are essential to the website and ensure it works. They are first party cookies set by our web server;
- Performance: These collect anonymous information about the use of our website and help us making continued improvements to the site;
- Targeted advertising: These cookies are used in parts of our website to capture users’ subjects of interest and then serve targeted advertising on other websites.
Should you wish to restrict or block cookies which are set by our website you can do this:
- Through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser or the manual that comes with your device should tell you how. You may also wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how you can do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
|Content Management System||wordpress_||This is set by WordPress to check which plugins and their settings should be active for the user. This is a session cookie and is deleted upon leaving the site.||WordPress cookie information|
|Content Management System||wordpress_logged_in_||This is set by WordPress to see which user is logged in (if any) and to give the correct site roles to that user. This is a session cookie and is deleted upon leaving the site.||WordPress cookie information|
|Content Management System||wordpress_test_cookie||This is set by WordPress to check whether your browser is accepted cookies. This is a session cookie and is deleted upon leaving the site.||WordPress cookie information|
|_cfduid||This is set by Cloudflare, a leading Content Delivery Network Provider. This cookie is used because we link to some external resources hosted by Cloudflare. This is a session cookie and is deleted upon leaving the site.||_cfduid cookie information|
6. Code of Practice
The Data Analytics & Society website is hosted on the University of Leeds web servers. Therefore, the University’s Data Protection Code of Practice also applies to the use of personal data under this website. The Code can be accessed at http://www.leeds.ac.uk/secretariat/data_protection_code_of_practice.html
7. Changes to this notice
This notice and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
8. Further information and Contact
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact us at: email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with their response please contact the University Webmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org.