Please click on the links below for relevant forms, guidance and the latest version of the CDAS handbook:
Budget pro-forma – please complete at the beginning of your programme and update annually
Internship placement plan – please complete once you know details of your internship module activity.
Forms for funding:
Please complete this form in advance of any purchases, please read the FAQs before completing the form.
RTSG is the Research Training Support Grant, from which CDAS-funded students can claim research expenses. This allowance is intended to be used to pay for expenses which the student, supervisor and CDAS deem to be in direct support of a student’s research.
Examples might be:
- Funding for conferences
Once your claim is approved you will then need to complete an expenses claim form in order to be reimbursed, there should be copies in your office or from Leeds. Return the form with hard copies of your receipts and a copy of the signed RTSG approval form to Centre for Data Analytics and Society, LIDA, level 11 Worsley Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT
Please use a UKTS form for travel and subsistence within the UK, an OSTS form for travel that includes international travel and an AP form for items such as books or other consumables.
Funding to cover additional costs over and above the expected cost of living, for example costs relating to caring responsibilities and unexpected expenses.
Examples might be:
- childcare costs for block modules and conferences
- additional transport or accommodation costs required due to disabilities
Funding for fieldwork taking place overseas
Once your claim is approved you will then need to complete an expenses claim form in order to be reimbursed, there should be copies in your office or from Leeds. Please use an OSTS form for travel that includes international travel.
This additional funding provides you with the opportunity to go to overseas universities or esteemed research organisations to:
- Establish research networks
- Disseminate early research findings
- Participate in seminars and other academic activities that are directly relevant to your research
- Undertake specialist research training that is not available within the UK.
If you have any queries concerning your studentship payments or other institution-specific queries, your first point of contact for queries on these matters should be the relevant Institutional Administrative Contact:
- University of Leeds: Eleri Pound (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Liverpool: Jack Carter-Hallam (J.Carter-Hallam@liverpool.ac.uk) or Kristel Pillkahn Martinez (Kristel.Pillkahn@liverpool.ac.uk)
- University of Manchester: Marie Waite (email@example.com) or Hannah Saunders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Sheffield: Keely Armitage (email@example.com)
For general CDAS enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org