Please click on the links below for relevant forms, guidance and the latest version of the CDAS handbook:

CDAS Handbook 

Budget pro-forma

Forms for funding:

Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) 


Please complete this form in advance of any purchases, please read the FAQs before completing the form.

RTSG is the Research Training Support Grant, from which CDAS-funded students can claim research expenses. This allowance is intended to be used to pay for expenses which the student, supervisor and CDAS deem to be in direct support of a student’s research.

Examples might be:

  • Funding for conferences
  • training
  • textbooks

Once your claim is approved you will then need to complete an expenses claim form in order to be reimbursed

Widening Participation (WP) fund

Funding to cover additional costs over and above the expected cost of living, for example costs relating to caring responsibilities and unexpected expenses.

Examples might be:

  • childcare costs for block modules and conferences
  • additional transport or accommodation costs required due to disabilities

Overseas Fieldwork (OSFW) Form

Funding for fieldwork taking place overseas


If you have any queries concerning your studentship payments or other institution-specific queries, your first point of contact for queries on these matters should be the relevant Institutional Administrative Contact:

For general CDAS enquires please email